Postal Voting is available to persons who will be or likely to be off Island on Election Day.
HOW TO APPLY FOR POSTAL BALLOTS
You can request an overseas postal ballot if you are a registered voter who is living off-island, such as students and persons away for medical care.
You can request a locally delivered postal ballot if you are a registered voter living in the Cayman Islands but will be away from the islands on Election Day.
Those wishing to apply for postal ballots are required to provide the following information to the Elections Office.
2. Photo identification (e.g. voter ID card or passport)
IF RESIDENT ON THE ISLANDS BUT WILL BE AWAY FOR ELECTION DAY –
3. A copy of purchased airline tickets showing the individual will be travelling or off-island on Election Day.
- Please note, only purchased tickets will be accepted. Reservations that have not been paid for in full do not qualify
4. Clearly print the local street address for ballots to be delivered locally.
IF CURRENTLY AWAY AND WILL BE AWAY FOR ELECTION DAY
5. Clearly print the full overseas street address for postal ballot to be couriered to.
COMPLETED Postal Ballot Requests (Form B) along with supporting documents:
Dropped off at our office on 68 West Bay Road, George Town Grand Cayman
After the Election date is announced, the Returning Officer for the respective Electoral District will send the ballot paper documents to the address provided on the Form B application.
Please note, applications will be disregarded if less than 12 days before Election Day.